Pages

June 16, 2015

TEDx Portland

This year I was selected to be a featured artist for the TEDx Portland event at the Keller Auditorium in Portland, Oregon on May 30, 2015. It was a huge honor and I was among many other incredible artists of many different mediums. The days leading up to the talk they hosted an art show at Union & Pine to showcase some of the artist's pieces. We were asked to make a piece that related to the talk's theme: Tomorrows. My piece below titled "Don't Let it Get You Down" reflects the many things that come to my mind when I think about the future. Even though I have many concerns about the future like population growth and the health of our planet and environment, I still have hope. It's easy to get overwhelmed by all the challenges we are facing, but I feel it's important to remember that we have the power to make positive change as long as we stay motivated.

'Don't Let It Get You Down"
Collage made from 35mm film photos


Me and my girl Skye in front of my print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...