Pages

February 1, 2012

San Diego Summer

Two summers ago I went to San Diego with my best friend Marissa. We stayed at her parent's aaaaamazing house in Ramona out in the hilly desert. Their house is the coolest house I've ever seen. It's a giant disc on stilts perched among an avocado farm and desert landscape with a porch that wraps around the whole thing. The inside is decorated with beautiful tile floors with colorful walls and art, many of which was painted by her super talented mother Susan Bainbridge. She also teaches art to kids and for a few days we got to hang out in the sun and make art with kiddos. It ruled.


We laid out at the beach, went to museums, shot guns at tomatoes, and ate way too much mexican food. It was a wonderful trip and I'm looking forward to heading back south to Cali this weekend when I fly to LA and head out to Joshua Tree. One of my favorite parts was driving out to Salvation Mountain and the Salton Sea. It was August and over 100 degrees. Some are shot with a Diana and the others with my Olympus OM-1. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...